Whether you are taking a walk in your favorite garden listening to your favorite music or watching an exquisite movie on your mobile, earphones come very handily. The earphone is one of the most used devices in the day-to-day life. So, why not give it the attention and care it deserves? Why not invest our time and money to choose the proper one for use in the long run?
It is always wise to research the models available and their features before finding the ideal match for you. Ideally, a good quality earphone will provide good in-ear comfort along with proper fit, great audio quality, and good battery life.
Top 10 Best Models of Sony Earphones
1) Sony WI-C200 Wireless In-Ear Headphones
This model of earphones offers about 15 hours of battery life along with quick charge options. It also provides the headset with high-quality mic for managing phone calls. The earbuds are designed to be tangle-free with a perfect subtle metallic finish. Bluetooth 5.0 can also be availed with this model of the earphone.
- 9mm driver unit for HD sound quality
- Magnetic housing and tangle-free designed cable wires
- Portable and lightweight at 15g of designed package
- Free good quality USB cable for phone charging
- Perfect form factor, in comparison with neckband earphones
- Wire quality is comparatively thinner
2) Sony MDR-EX150AP In-Ear Headphones with Mic
This model offers an inline mic for hands-free calling. It offers extreme mobility and possesses a 9mm neodymium driver for balanced music production. The metallic finishing makes the product look fresh even after extensive usage.
- Covers a huge frequency range from 5 Hz to around 24,000 Hz
- 1-year manufacturing warranty
- Available in vivid color options
- Silicone earbuds for comfortable, long-listening
- Average high-frequency performance
3) Sony MDR-XB55 Extra-Bass in-Ear Headphones Without Mic
This model of earphones is specifically designed for music lovers. The earphones provide life-sized bass effects for electronic dance music (EDM). Tangle-free cable is an important feature. The cable is designed with a serrated packaging. This significantly helps to resist snags and tangles of any kind.
- 1-year warranty provided by the manufacturer
- 12mm neodymium driver for powerful bass sound
- Litz, Y type cable of length 1.2m used
- Secure-fitting silicone earpods
- Treble quality is not up to the mark
4) Sony WI-C200 Wireless In-Ear Headphones
This Sony earphone provides 5 hours of battery life and specially designed magnetic earpods. It also offers the Bluetooth facility 5.0 along with the headset with a mic. The quick charging facility comes very handily while traveling.
- Enough sturdy for daily, casual use
- Quick charge within 10 minutes for 60 minutes of playback
- 9 mm driver unit offering superior audio clarity
- No connection drops
- Average sound quality for phone calls
5) Sony MDR-AS210AP Sports Wired in-Ear Splashproof Headphones
This is an open-ear sports headphone, specifically for use during outdoor running. This hard and sturdy design is an apt model for sports. With the splash-proof and the sweat-proof design, it is one of the best-designed earphones to invest in. It also provides an adjustable earloop for a personalized fit.
- Super fitting
- Thick-wired cables
- Crystal clear sound quality
- Flat-lining in certain bass acoustical effects
6) Sony WI-XB400 Wireless Extra Bass in-Ear Headphones
This model is one of the few models to offer voice assistance with the Google Assistant for music, information, and much more with a simple touch. This portable variety offer ultra-light designed product at 21g of design.
- Battery life up to 15 hours
- Wireless extra bass neckband for casual use
- Quick charge in 10 minutes for 60 minutes of playback
- Hands-free calling with HD voice
- Frequent readjustments required while wearing around the neck
7) Sony WI-C400 Wireless Bluetooth in-Ear Neck Band Headphones
This model offers comfortable behind-the-neck style design along with advanced cable management features. This portable variety has 35 g of deign along with vibration for any incoming call to get alert for every call.
- Google Voice Assistance which can be activated with a touch
- Up to 20 hours of battery life
- 9mm drivers offer a subtle and clear sound clarity
- At times, there can be a frequent disconnection from the Bluetooth connection
8) Sony MDR-EX15AP Wired in-Ear Headphones
This wired model of earphones offers a light-weighted system with music mobility. This model also offers different color schemes and you can pick your shade. It offers a frequency range of 5 Hz to 24,000 Hz.
- Shiny, metallic outer body finishing
- 9mm driver system for balanced sound with superior quality of bass
- Nifty adjustors and a clip provided
- Not suitable for rough use
9) Sony MDR-XB510AS Wired Sports In-Ear Splashproof Headphones
It provides a punchy and deep bass sound, which is great for passionate music listeners. The cord length is approximately 1.2m with Litz, Y-type wire. The splashproof design adds up to its features. More importantly, it is also washable after workouts.
- Flat wires keep the cables tangle-free in your pocket
- Arc support
- Specifically designed for ardent listeners during workout along with low-end pumped–up frequencies to give the boost to your workout session
- Size if large and is a bit heavy
10) Sony MDR-EX14AP Wired in-Ear Headphones
This earphone is compatible with all smartphones. It provides a 1-year warranty for manufacturing defects. It offers a 3.5mm headphone jack. Although the bass is not great, it offers excellent noise cancellation.
- Good for audio calls
- Superior treble quality
- Average quality for the price range
Buying Guide for the Best Sony Earphones
Before investing your hard-earned money into a product, one must do thorough research regarding its features and functionality aspects. In the case of earphones, the acoustical quality and comfortability play the main roles. The different points to be taken into consideration when selecting an earphone are as follows:
- Noise cancellation
Most of the superior quality earphones invest in active noise cancellation technologies. In the broader sense, they pick up the outside noise and produce the noise in the opposite frequency which in turn cancels out the ambient noise. Test the earphone out before buying.
- Frequency range
The earphone must denote the full range of the sonic spectrum that reflects clarity in vocal intuitions. Most earphones stick to the range of 20 to 20,000 Hertz which is the audible frequency range for the human ear. Although you may not be able to distinguish between the earphones which deliver certain subtler frequencies with more clarity, it adds up to your audio-experience as a whole.
In the case of professional use, comfortability plays an extremely important role because the earphone needs to be used for longer periods. Look for gel-padded earbuds with soft protective covers to fit in your ear without hurting.
- Cable Quality
When you travel, you need to store the earphone in the pouch that usually comes along with it. Opt for superior quality wires so that they won’t get tangled, which in turn will reduce the wear and tear of the wires.
- Body Design
Body design doesn’t account for aesthetics alone, they can help to extend the life of your earphones. Outer parts of the earphones are usually manufactured from pre-molded plastic of superior quality along with comfortable rubber pads for user-friendliness. So the next time you are buying any earphone, make sure to look for the one that provides a comfortable design for your ears.
With smartphones becoming one of the highest sought after devices in Indian homes, earphones have become a necessity that needs to be accompanied. With the plethora of options available in the market, it is difficult to choose the best pair to suit your requirement and needs. It is pretty easy to be baffled and choose a wrong pair with improper fit or average sound quality.
Therefore, it is essential to use this guide and opt for the earphone amongst the top 10 mentioned above to make the best of your money. New earphones are constantly being made available in the market and having a handy guide is a must for all the users.