Do you want to have a theater-like audio experience each time you watch movies or listen to music or even play games sitting comfortably in your living room? The effect of a complete 3D experience of any audio content is what characterizes a well-defined home theater system. For every one of those who yearn for crisp audio details and electrifying bass, here’s a list of the best Sony home theater systems to get an overall theater-like experience that too at home.
Top 10 Best Sony Home Theater Systems
1) Sony SA-D40 4.1 Channel Multimedia Speaker
This stylish Sony multimedia speaker has a 4.1 channel. It has a maximum power consumption of 80W. You can enjoy powerful bass with a large sub-woofer. This speaker enables you to enjoy listening to your favorite mobile songs through Bluetooth streaming with greater clarity. Moreover, there are USB ports for easy access. It can be used with music players, tablets, TVs, mobiles, PCs, and other Bluetooth devices. You will get a remote commander, stereo mini cable, AC cord, AC adapter, instruction manual, warranty card, dry battery, and footpads inside the box.
- The Bluetooth has a strong signal up to 10 to 15 ft.
- The sound has clarity and intensity
- It has aux, Bluetooth and USB connectivity
- These speakers come with a pre-balanced bass
- You cannot set the bass level to your own preference
2) Sony HT-S20R 5.1 Channel Dolby Digital Soundbar
The Sony Home theater system with 5.1 channel delivers a real surround sound. You can enjoy dynamic, high-quality, cinematic audio with its Dolby digital feature. The wireless Bluetooth connectivity allows you to stream music from your mobile. It has USB connectivity for a plug and play user experience. The total power output of 400W provides an exciting soundscape. Inside the box, you get an audio cable. AC cord, remote control, set up guide, instruction manual, batteries, and the warranty card.
- Easy plug and play setup
- Overall sound output is good
- Comes with an easy to use, handy remote control
- No HDMI support
3) Sony SA-D20 C E12 2.1 Channel Multimedia Speaker
This elegant looking Sony multimedia speaker is a 2.1 channel variant. It has USB and audio-in playback technology. The bass is good with the large sub-woofer and output of 60W. You can reap the benefits of wireless music streaming with the Bluetooth connection. This is designed for multipurpose usage with TVs, music systems, PCs, mobiles, and other devices with Bluetooth and USB support.
- Very good clarity of sound
- It has easy access with its Bluetooth connectivity
- Looks stylish
- The bass quality could have been better
4) Sony BDV-E4100 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Tallboy Blu-ray
This 5.1 surround sound system of Sony with the two tall speakers provide an actual theater-like experience sitting in the comfort of your own home. The Bluetooth compatibility enables it to connect with any device. It comes with full Wi-Fi support. The system efficiently amplifies the sound quality. You can control the bass of the system. One of the unique features of this system is its ‘Football Mode’. This mode brings the exact stadium-like effect into the living room to amuse the sports enthusiasts.
- Easy installation
- It has a football mode exclusively to give a stadium-like experience
- 1020W speaker output
- Sleek design
5) Sony HT-RT3 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar
This home theater system is the best from Sony in terms of both design and performance. The rich Dolby digital sound ensures that you get a rich hearing experience. In fact, it outperforms any of its competitor at the same price range.
- Overall nice sound output
- Dynamic surround sound with DTS technology
- Access to Sony music center application
- Several connectivity options – Bluetooth, HDMI, USB, ARC and Optical IN.
- Does not have HDMI pass-through
6) Sony BDV-E3200 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Blu-ray
The BDV-E3200 sound system is loaded with convenient features at a reasonable price. It supports Blu-ray 3D that provides surround sound. It is packed with Bluetooth and NFC to stream music from mobile. It also has DLNA feature for playing content from the internet directly. The power output is 1000W RMS. The India sound setting has more bass, more clear, and loud sound experience.
- Integrated Wi-Fi connectivity
- Comes with DTS technology and NFC features
- High frequency ranges with digital amplifier
- Worth the price product
- There is no wireless connectivity available
7) Sony DAV-DZ350 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital
This high-end home theater comes with S-Master digital amplifier technology along with five speakers. It has also got a sub-woofer. This home theater system is equipped with Dolby digital surround sound. The HDMI cable can carry both high-resolution video and sound. It comes with other unique features like BRAVIA Sync and Karaoke features.
- Well-built stylish looking sound system
- Sound quality is outstanding
- It has an actual surround system and mind-blowing bass
- Can be connected with the phone easily
- The process of setting the FM is very tedious
8) Sony HT-RT40 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Tallboy Soundbar
Bring this Sony home theater system to enjoy the theater-like audio-visual experience and the comfort of your own house at the same time. To mention some of the salient features of this system would be the Dolby digital surround sound, NFC and Bluetooth technology, BRAVIA sync, S-Master digital amplifier, music center accessibility, HDMI ARC, optical input, etc. In addition to all these, it has USB support and power output of 1000W.
- Sleek design
- Compatible with Sony music center app
- Loud sound output
- Night mode
- 600W power output
- High price
9) Sony HT-Z9F Cinematic 3.1Ch Soundbar
Want to hear sound from all around? With maximum surround sound, Sony’s latest technology allows you to enjoy the thrill if the Dolby Atmos and DTS:X in a singular slim unit, irrespective of what type of room you are in. It has wireless connectivity with online music streaming with in-built Wi-fi and Bluetooth technology.
- Easy setup process
- Supports Chromecast, Alexa, and Spotify
- 4K HDR compatibility
- BRAVIA TV connectivity without wires
- Virtual surround is not up to the mark
10) Sony SA-Z9R Wireless Rear Speaker for HT-Z9F
These are the dedicated wireless speaker to be used with the HT-Z9F soundbar. These can be mounted onto the wall. Take your movie and music audio experience to the next level with these. The speakers deliver crystal clear sound that mixes with the home theater ambience in your home environment.
- Wireless connectivity
- Mountable on the wall
- Compliments the HT-Z9F soundbar nicely
- These need to be bought separately
Buying Guide for the Best Home Theater System
- Sound quality
This is the most important feature you should look for while buying a home theater. You must go for the speakers that produce the best quality clear sound so that you can get the best audio experience.
Your device should accommodate various aux and can be connected with several wireless protocols. It’s better if the system can be connected through both a USB and Bluetooth. It’s always better to go for a multipurpose one so that there can be a value for your money.
- Wide signal range
Nowadays, all the home theater systems have wireless connection systems. So, check if it is responsive to signals so that it does not have any connection problem.
- Power consumption
If you are looking for saving some power consumption, then you should know how much electricity it is going to consume. But at the same time, you should see that the audio output should not be compromised.
Having a great home theater system is one of the most fun things in modern homes. Hopefully, these reviews, along with the buying guide, will encourage you enough to get your home theater to make you smile each time you turn it on. We are happy to help you through the path of your search for the best available home theater systems for a dream-come-true experience every day.