While there are many cameras available in the market with different uses, point and shoot cameras remain a widely used camera type by consumers. Point and shoot are also referred to as compact cameras due to their size and design. These cameras are designed for easy and simple operation, unlike professional cameras.
Point and shoot cameras operate with a focus-free lens, also known as autofocus. These cameras have in-built flash units. With time smartphones took over the trend left point and shoot cameras behind. However, these cameras made a return with advanced features to remain in the competition. The newer models let the user control the exposure and aperture, making it appealing. Here are the top 10 best point and shoot cameras under 30,000.
Top 10 Best Point and Shoot Camera Under 30,000
The Sony DSC W830/S Cybershot is a 20.1-megapixel camera with ½.3 inch super HAD CCD image sensor. It lets you shoot 720p high definition MP4 movies at 30 fps (1280 x 720). It provides a sweeping panorama and intelligent auto picture effect. The Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar lens with 8x zoom helps you capture your subjects closely. This camera gives an LCD of 2.7 inches (230K dots), which makes shot composition easier.
- Can view photos in bright sunlight
- 8x zoom lens
- 2-year manufacturer warranty
- Let you shoot videos with stability
- It takes time to prepare for shooting
The PowerShot SX430 IS by Canon is a superzoom camera on a budget. It has a 20.5 megapixel 1/2 .3 inch CMOS sensor along with an optical zoom of 45x equivalent to 24- 1080 mm with 90x ZoomPlus. This camera by Canon supports dynamic near-field communication (NFC connectivity) and 720p MP4 video recording. It also provides intelligent image stabilizer to capture the perfect movies and stills.
- Supports Wi-Fi connectivity and NFC
- Ergonomic grip
- Has noisy operation
The IXUS 185 is a 20-megapixel compact camera with a ½.3 inch CCD sensor. It offers an 8x optical zoom lens (28 – 224 mm) along with a 16x ZoomPlus. The Canon IXUS 185 has a flash range of 4.9 ft, a digital image stabilizer, face self-timer, and low light mode. Along with that, it can give a miniature effect, fish-eye effect, and toy camera effect or poster effect. You can shoot in monochrome mode, long shutter, and super vivid mode.
- Has multiple shot effects
- Easy mode with a date stamp
- Digital IS
- Can give an unintended blur and wobble
The DSC W810/SC Cybershot by Sony is a 20.1 megapixel with a HAD CCD sensor. It offers a high-resolution HD 720p movie shooting for both movies and still along with a picture effect. The brightness settings can be adjusted on five levels. The wide-angle lens is 26 mm and 6x optical zoom. It has an advanced flash with slow sync. It weighs as little as 127g. Moreover, it has a sweep panorama feature of 360 degrees to capture entire scenes.
- Advanced Flash- auto on/off
- Steady and smooth capturing
- High resolution for detailed capturing
- Only 6x optical zoom
The DSC RX 100 Cybershot is a compact 20.2-megapixel pocket camera with a 1.0-type Exmor CMOS sensor. It provides a completely manual control allowing the user to capture creative photographs. The sensor in the RX100 is usually four times than the normal sensor in other point and shoot camera models. It gives an optical zoom of 3.6x. The T*f 1.8 lens is powered by ZEISS Vario-Sonnar.
- Comes with a full manual control
- Ten fps shooting with image processing by BIONZ
- Costly than the others
- No NFC or Wi-Fi connectivity feature
The IXUS 190 By Canon is a 20 MP camera. It is one of the slimmest cameras by Canon, which makes it easier for the user to carry it in their pockets or bags. It has a 10x optical zoom (24- 240mm) with 20x ZoomPlus. The power button has a shutter release surrounding which is the zoom button. Among these features is the 720p HD recording mode and a range of filters for the images captured.
- Has a Wi-Fi connectivity feature
- Supports near field communication (NFC)
- The ready-to-focus time is under one second
- Might have trouble focusing in low-light
The EOS 1500D by Canon is an affordable SLR camera with a 24.1 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor. It gives a high resolution for larger prints and allows image cropping. The image processor DIGIC 4+, along with a total of 9 autofocus points, gives a perfect speed and utmost accuracy. It also supports burst photography. The Ef-S lens mount is compatible with every EF and EF-S lens. It supports connectivity over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC. All the loaded features make it the best vlogging camera under 30000.
- Multiple connectivity modes- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or NFC
- High-Definition capturing
- Also compatible with Wi-Fi printers
- 1080p Full HD resolution
- Costlier price tag
- Video quality is not exceptional
The PowerShot SX540HS by Canon is an upgraded version of its previous model. It has a 20.3 MP APS-C CMOS sensor for high resolution capturing. It also supports image cropping. The DIGIC 6 Image processor gives one autofocus point supporting burst photography. The PowerShot SX540HS provides full manual control and lets the user select different frame rates. The EF-S lens mount is compatible with all the EF and EF-S lenses. Moreover, it supports NFC, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- 50X zoom capacity
- Algorithm to create albums for story highlight
- Network connectivity
- A bit costly
The Coolpix B600 by Nikon is a 16 MP camera with 6400 ISO. It weighs around 500 grams making it lightweight and portable. It lets you share instantly with anyone with the help of SnapBridge 2.5 and Wi-Fi. It has an LCD display of 3 inches.
- 60x optical zoom lens
- Crisp colors
- Network connectivity- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Overpriced for the features
The PowerShot SX740 by Canon is a digital camera with a 20.3 MP CMOS sensor. It has an optical zoom capacity of 40x. It has an optical image stabilizer along with zoom framing assistance. The image processor is DIGIC 8. This camera by Canon supports 4k video and 4k time-lapse. It has an in-built Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity feature. It is one of the best zoom cameras under 30,000.
- 40x zoom with optical Image stabilization
- Compact, pocket-sized body
- LCD tilts at 180 degrees
- No touch screen
- Does not have a viewfinder
Buying Guide for the Best Point and Shoot camera under 30000
Here are some key factors to consider before buying a point and shoot camera:
- Sensor size: A camera with a high megapixel count does not mean that it can capture better images. The important factor is the size of the sensor. The larger the sensor of the point and shoot camera, the better the images will be.
- Viewfinders: What many points and shoot cameras lack is a viewfinder. The viewfinder helps the photographer see what the lens is going to capture, which in turn can help capture the perfect shot.
- Digital or optical zoom: Digital zooms have a longer range but a low image quality. On the other hand, optical zooms give a better image quality. Buy a camera that offers both the features.
- Image stabilization (IS): Not all of us are pros at taking photographs. But there is always room for improvement. The IS feature lets the user capture stable pictures even if they have shaky hands while holding a camera.
- Connectivity feature: a lot of times, we are on the move and may need a direct connection between our camera and devices. Thus Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity features help us to transfer images instantly.
- Battery life: A camera with a good battery backup is always always better. You might have to stay outdoors for longer shoots where the battery back up becomes an important factor. So, always look for a camera, that can give you at least one day of battery life.
Buying a camera within a budget can be a bit of a brainer. That is where you will find the provided guide along with the reviews to help you choose better. Now, all the products mentioned within the list are some of the best this market has to offer. So, you can grab any one of them, and you are good to go.